Did you know that Kroger’s fuel program currently allows you to earn 2X fuel point on weekends? You can take full advantage of savings opportunities with everyday shopping and that shopping can “fuel” your summer! Kroger shoppers have been able to save up to $1 per gallon at the pump by redeeming up to 1,000 Fuel Points at any Kroger Fuel Center and at participating stations.
We like to travel to the beach every summer and usually drive down to Florida from Atlanta for a week of fun in the sun. We load up the car and hit the highways for a long trip. Road trips are a great way to save on your overall travel bill if the destination isn’t too far to drive. Even for a small family of three, airfare and a rental car at the destination can add up quickly.
We also spend some time driving to visit family in neighboring states. Gas prices are generally higher in the summer months with more travelers hitting the roads, so saving money on gas is very helpful with Kroger’s program.
1) PLAN. If you’re a planner, plan ahead. Make sure you know where you’re going and how to get there. Are you a fly-by-the-seat of your pants adventurous type? Do some research for interesting pit stops along the way to your destination so you have several options that may strike your fancy.
2) SNACKS. Whether traveling as adults or with children in tow, snacks are essential to have on hand to keep everyone satisfied during the drive. If you are driving through relatively rural areas, pit stops can come few and far between. I know our family gets cranky quickly when we get hungry! Don’t forget the water!
3) ATTITUDE. Prepare everyone (especially little ones!) for a long drive. No one likes to be cooped up in a car too long, but when you think of the rewards at the end, the drive is definitely more tolerable. We try to stay positive, avoid the “are we there yet?!” comments and just concentrate on our time together. Since my husband and I both work, a longer road trip with our daughter is a time to chat, catch up and just enjoy each other.
Most importantly, have fun on your trip! Make memories, laugh, get silly or just relax. The most important part of our road trips is just being together.
What to learn more about Kroger’s Fuel Rewards?? Signing up for the program is easy. Download the fuel savings digital coupon just one time and you will automatically earn double fuel points on all your grocery purchases every Friday, Saturday and Sunday through July 31! (excluding AL, MO and LA).
1. Log in to your kroger.com Online Account.
2. Click “Load to Card.”
3. Start saving with 2X fuel points all weekend long! Your points will automatically be calculated at the register.
Easy! If you need more help, visit our Coupon Help section at kroger.com/digitalcoupons or call 1-866-221-4141.
One of my US readers will win a $100 Kroger gift card. Lucky you! To enter, simply fill out the form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: Thanks to Kroger for providing the gift cards and information for this post. All opinions are my own.