Below are some delicious and nutritious PFK recipes to keep you and your family stay cool as the weather heats up! To find more, simply visit Produce for Kids!
Serves 4. Preparation Time: 30 minutes
· 2 bananas, peeled, chopped
· 3 cups lowfat yogurt
· 1 cup pineapple, cored, chopped
· ¼ cup caramel dip
1. Place bananas in freezer bag and freeze overnight.
2. Blend bananas, yougurt and pineapple in blender until thick and smooth.
3. Portion and freeze for 25 minutes.
4. Drizzle with caramel dip and serve.
· 1 large peach or mango, peeled, chopped
· 1 large nectarine, peeled, chopped
· 2 medium bananas, peeled, sliced
· 1 cup strawberries, leaves hulled
· 1 cup blueberries
· ¼ cup orange or fruit juice
· 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
· 16 paper cups
2. Place 16 paper cups on a baking tray. Pour smoothie into paper cups. Place tray in freezer and freeze until slushy, about 20 minutes.
3. Remove tray from freezer and insert one popsicle stick into the center of each cup. Return to freezer and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
4. Tear away paper cup and place on plate.
Disclosure: Thanks to Produce For Kids for providing the information and recipes. I received a promotional item to thank me for sharing this post.