This service and the book Bankrupt at Birth were provided to me for review at no charge. In addition I received monetary compensation. All opinions are my own. †Free trial requires successful enrollment. After your trial period, you will be billed either your monthly or annual fee unless you call to cancel. You may cancel your membership at any time.
The first time I really thought about child identity theft was when we signed our daughter up for a public pre-Kindergarden class. I filled out numerous forms and was rather alarmed by having to share Lily’s birth date, social security number, address, our birth dates, our work information and more. I wondered how this information would be saved, used and protected. Did any school employee have access to it? What was their document retention policy? Was the personal information destroyed once we left the school?
Learning more about child identity theft made me want to share the information with my husband. He was as concerned as I was about identity theft. Having an open dialog with your spouse or partner is key to keeping your child’s identity safe. I shared the information I learned from the Identity Guard website and book with my husband to make sure we were both on the same page when it came to sharing information and safeguarding information.
In this digital world, it is easy to overlook what information we share and who we share it with. When it comes to our children, information is even more at risk since many parents don’t think about protecting their children’s identities.
So do your identity — and your child’s identity — a favor. Get Identity Guard, and details you need to know aboutidentity theft and how to help yourself stay safe from it. You can start right now by claiming your free Child IdentityTheft Protection Kit. It includes all this and more:
· Quick Start Guide to Child ID Theft: The consequences of child ID theft are staggering. Get all the facts you need to know.
· Risk Factors Worksheet: Review the Risk Factors to see where you can eliminate some risk for your kids.
· Bankrupt at Birth: eBook Excerpt: Get a glimpse into a new book whose authors are on a mission to end child identity theft.
· Child ID Theft Safety Tele-class: Author of the book, Bankrupt at Birth, teaches you about child identitytheft and what you can do to help protect your kids.
· Free trial of Identity Guard®†: Get a FREE 30-Day trial of Identity Guard®.
If you use this one, you must add this disclaimer at the bottom of your post: †Free trial requires successful enrollment. After your trial period, you will be billed either your monthly or annual fee unless you call to cancel. You may cancel your membership at any time.
· Subscription to Child ID Theft News: Subscribe just by registering your email address.