Summer is about fun, flavor and enjoying the things you love most. Why shouldn’t the same apply to our summer snacking?
With summer officially kicking off this weekend, Frito-Lay is here to offer you the latest and greatest summer entertaining tips and recipes. Visit the Frito-Lay Flavor Kitchen for recipe demos and recipes like our Hummus Oasis Dip.
Frito Lay has a variety of chips that are perfect for summer entertaining!
– Ruffles potato chips – Inspired by foods guys love, fun flavors like Smokehouse BBQ and Loaded Bacon & Cheddar Potato Skins add a fun zing to your plate.
– Sun Chips multigrain snacks – Whole grain goodness in a variety of delicious flavors are a fun way to let all guests enjoy the party.
Check out the delicious Hummus Oasis Dip recipe from Frito Lay:
Suggested Pairing: SunChips® Original Flavored multigrain snacks
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Ingredients – 2 cups Sabra®
Chipotle or Supremely Spicy Hummus, divided
2 cups jumbo lump crab meat, picked, divided or Dungeness
1 ¼ cups Sabra®
Spicy Guacamole, divided
½ bunch cilantro, chopped
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
1 tsp. salt
½ bottle Zing Zang®
Bloody Mary Mix
4 oz. premium vodka, chilled (optional)
Variety of SunChips®
1) In a small mixing bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil and salt together
2) Toss in cilantro and hold for immediate use
3) In a drink shaker, combine bloody Mary mix, ice and premium vodka at service
4) Layer the following in order clear straight sided dish
b. jumbo lump crab meat
d. chopped cilantro
5) Pour the Bloody Mary around the salad creating a “moat”
6) Serve immediately with SunChips®
Credit Mary Dawn Wright, Sabra, as presented at the 2011 Worlds of Flavor conference