This past month Lily got to review some wonderful products from the LeapFrog family – the LeapPad and the LeapFrog Tag Reading system. We had no experience with either of these products and were interested to see how they worked and share them with friends and family.
The LeapPad is a mini learning tablet perfectly suitable for kids busy little hands. It is recommended for children ages 4-9. Some of our favorite aspects are how fun it is to customize the LeapPad. Lily created her own personality, picked a background, typed in her name and saved it. Her friends can set up guest accounts on the LeapPad.
The set of books is a wonderful variety of stories and educational exploration. The World Map was a lot of fun but slightly advanced for my daughter. Maybe I should be teaching her more geography!
Introducing LeapPad™ Explorer, the personalized learning tablet just for kids with:
• A library of 100+ cartridge games, apps, digital books, videos and flash cards
(sold separately, also works with all Leapster Explorer™ games and apps).
• Includes a built-in camera & video recorder, 5″ touch screen for use with finger or included stylus. Also includes 4 apps (Pet Pad, Story Studio, Art Studio and one app of your choice).
• 2GB of memory, enabling it to host a robust suite of apps including: innovative book apps that provide a fully interactive, cinematic reading experience with word-by-word support and state-of-the-art gameplay; a Story Studio to combine art, audio and writing; Art, Animation and Photo studios to inspire imaginations.
• A broad curriculum including reading, mathematics, science, geography, art, music, language and culture, health and more. Plus, skill levels automatically adjust the challenge to match each child’s pace and remember progress from game to game and book to book.
• Access to see learning progress through the online LeapFrog Learning Path. Parents can also share their child’s achievements, artwork and creations with loved ones.
• Limitless learning and endless play for children ages 4 to 9 years.
• Requires 4 AA batteries (not included)
Tag brings stories to life with each touch to the pages of specially printed storybooks. Words talk, pictures come to life and stories live out loud, engaging children’s senses to make reading a rich, fulfilling experience.
Now re-sized to better fit little hands, the Tag Reader holds audio for up to 10 titles at a time from our library of 40+ books and games! Simply connect the Tag Reader to your computer with the included USB cable, download the audio for your Tag books and drag-and-drop up to 10 of your child’s favorite stories and games onto your Tag Reader. And parents can see details of their child’s play and learning with the LeapFrog® Learning Path.
Dislcosure: I received complimentary LeapFrog products in order to host our party and provide an honest review. All opinions are my own. Thank you to LeapFrog and Mom Select for sponsoring and coordinating the review and providing party worksheets and ideas!